We had to think about our project and list what we thought was good, missing or any problems we could foresee or were having.
Good things about the project.
- lots of research about sleep and sleeping patterns so theres a lot to go off and use to inform and grab data from.
- people have looked into the area before, so theres probably existing data sets.
Things that are missing from the project that are needed.
- focus. Haven’t got back into the project after the assessment and I feel like I’m in a bit of a lull.
- Haven’t really decided on an actual direction yet.
Problems I’m having.
- I’m panicking which is making me not want to work – sounds quite backwards right?
- Haven’t collected a solid dataset yet, I do have A dataset but as I haven’t got a focus I don’t know if it’s appropriate.
Some of the feedback I got from the group after sharing, is that someone was concerned that I wasn’t into the project, but I think this is a lull because I’m stuck and I just need to persevere and once theres a way in I’ll feel better about it.
Someone gave me a way in by thinking about how people fall asleep, that moment when your eyelids go heavy and you fall into it. Although I can’t measure when this actually happens, I can think about the weights and depths of sleep and play around with that idea.